Tuesday, October 11, 2011

blast from the past...

Okay, I know I should be doing homework right now...but I just wanted to share some old journal entries of mine that just blow my mind.

Sometime in late September, 2010

"I know it's been awhile since we really talked, but please believe my small prayers that I've thought--that I can't do all this without you. Life is so wonderful, but I'm being challenged and I really need your help & guidance. [lots left out, sorrryyyyy ;)] Please help me to recognize and acknowledge your presence in my life, and that my personality and self doesn't have to be sacrificed when I let you in. Please give me peace, clarity, and strength. Let me live my life favorably to you, so I can find my path and travel it with confidence and passion. I need you, MY God, my mentor, and the one and only being that can bring me out of all of this. If there is a higher power out there (which I know there is, my species is not the biggest thing out here), please show me how to follow you, because I only know a way that brings the world oppression, restriction, guilt, and corruption. Amen."

Haha...I couldn't help but put this one in first. It was the bookends of one of my first prayers. I really didn't want to believe that God or Christianity was real...because it was starting to be way too obvious, and it would get even more obvious.

Flash forward through many months of sad, sad entries...

April 2011

"Dear Jesus, thank you for bringing me so close to you the past two weeks. Your Light in my heart is overflowing, and just reading my letters to you (they weren't really addressed to You, but I know You heard) brings me so much joy because in my sin and doubt You made Your glory shine that much sweeter. Thank You for making my heart pure through Your death and defeat over the devil--through You all things are possible. I am sorry for all that I've been idolizing the past couple years [...] you know, the works. Please reveal to me any other things that I am idolizing, and give me the strength to change."

Uh oh...started praying to be convicted of things. Haha...this is when the 4-day hangover happened too. This is one of the things I wrote during that time:

May 2011

"There is a time to heal (Ephesians 3:3)
From your head to your toes there isn't a healthy spot. Bruises, cuts, and open sores go without care or oil to heal the pain (Isaiah 1:6)
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds (Psalm 147:3)

Lord, I know I'm a piece of work, and that there are so many wounds I'm asking you to heal at this time. Please, I ask you to reach inside my heart and lift me up and transform me. My life is Yours to have--use me according to Your will. I am nothing without Your saving grace. I PRAISE Your for everything You have done thus far, for not giving up on me, for being a persistent father and showing me Your abounding love. Amen"

June 2011

"In other thoughts--
I want to GO somewhere. I am so bummed about not going to South Africa. I think I might go crazy not leaving Pullman this summer..."What do you think you're passionate about"...I                       whoa...spaced out moment. Anyways, I really want to be helping people in other countries. But I feel bad (ironicVVV)
Find your passion. Make your difference. [magazine clipping on the next page lol]
not helping the people in my own country, or even community, first. But these people have so much, I have so much...and its hard to find anyone truly happy. Why is everyone so sad here? I get sad here--planning and thinking up ways to get out keep me sane, yet once again I'm here!! I really do love the summer here, but I'm getting to the point where I want to spread my wings--suck the marrow of life, if you will. I want to meet people outside of my comfort zone, get out and actually make a difference in their lives and have them do the same for me in return. I want to seek the wisdom of the world, through the compassion and love that I now feel.

You know that feeling in your gut that sends chills? Or is that the couple sips of wine?

Sometimes, I feel more lost than ever. But most of the time, it just feels right."


Hahah, I don't think God let any part of my personality be lost in this process...He just cleaned up some of my junk and put love in its place. He's bound up my deep deep wounds and broken heart, and given me clarity and strength. He's letting me go, and I get to spread my wings and see the world through His eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment