Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Just because I'm saved (part 2)

means that this past finals week was the most amazing finals week of my life.

I started dead week (the week before finals week) and finals week praying that if I made it through this week, it would all be because of Jesus...nothing of my own. I was beat, and tired, and suuuuper unmotivated because, to be honest, my classes were super boring this semester. Normally I can muster up some motivation if there's something interesting to talk about or study, but nooope. There's nothing particularly interesting to me about the History of Psychology and Experimental Methods. Especially considering I wouldn't be using either of those things next year.

So hence the reliance on Jesus, because I could have cared less what I got in those classes, as long as I passed (which was the main thing I was really praying for...a C or better...).

I got A's on all of my finals, including a 100% on my History of Psych final (I got a D on the first exam, so it definitely wasn't me). My papers and presentations included.

Everything I studied just...stuck. That's the best way I can describe it. I felt more confident in my knowledge than ever before, and was remembering things even as I was taking the exams.

Even when my housemate's puppy got sick on chocolate I was able to help take care of her and study.

Oh yeah...and even when I accidentally missed my Experimental Methods final, my teacher let me retake it the following day at 1:30 pm.

In addition, normally finals week bring out one of my worst habits...I stop exercising and stress eat like it's nobody's business. There was none of that. Not even a desire. And I was at the gym even after all-nighters.

Can I get a praise God hallelujah?